Wiki e/m coding

cwilson3333

Expert
Best answers
I need some easy, but detailed info on evaluation and management coding, without having to use an E/M Audit Tool to pick level of exam, mdm, etc.

If anyone has info they can pass on or direct me to, I would greatly appreciate.

Tnx,
WC

e/m tool

Thanks Ollie,

I will check out your suggestion on Don Self. My E/M Audit Tool, is actually just a paper form, front and back that you have to go through and check off all that appies and then convert over to a chart and pick your e/m [time consuming when you are billing for 75+ patients.

Thanks again and have a great day!

WC

Practice, Practice, PRACTICE

With practice you'll get faster. I've been coding E/M services for a long time and I STILL use my audit tool.

Hope that helps ... or at least gives you some encouragement.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

I agree with Ms. Bartels, I code probably 20 - 40 E/M visits a day and use my E/M audit tool constantly. The more I code E/M's the easier it gets but I don't know if I will ever reach a time when I cannot rely on my audit tool. :)

E&M coding

I need some easy, but detailed info on evaluation and management coding, without having to use an E/M Audit Tool to pick level of exam, mdm, etc.

If anyone has info they can pass on or direct me to, I would greatly appreciate.

Tnx,
WC
Try looking on E&M University. It's an excellent resource run by Peter Jensen MD,CPC. There are some free areas which give good and accurate information and there are areas you can pay for which give more detail for specific areas of E&M coding. He also sends out test documentation by e-mail and then goes through it to show how he comes up with his level. He really is very knowledgeable and, on his own admission, "obsessed with E&M".