Wiki E/M Modifier article in Healthcare Business Monthly

lbrookin

New
Best answers
Did anyone notice that this article states "Modifier 57 is used when an E/M service is rendered within the three days preceding, or on the same day as, a procedure with a 90-day global period." I've always been instructed that modifier 57 is used for ONE day preceding, or on the same day as, a major procedure. I checked the 2 resources at the bottom of the article and I can find nothing that states you use mod 57 for up to 3 days preceding the procedure. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thank you!

E/M modifier article

Did anyone notice that this article states "Modifier 57 is used when an E/M service is rendered within the three days preceding, or on the same day as, a procedure with a 90-day global period." I've always been instructed that modifier 57 is used for ONE day preceding, or on the same day as, a major procedure. I checked the 2 resources at the bottom of the article and I can find nothing that states you use mod 57 for up to 3 days preceding the procedure. Does anyone have any information on this?

Thank you!

It's clearly a typo. Contact AAPC and they'll probably publish your remarks in the next edition of HBM. Almost every month the publication contain a typo so I don't know who they use for editing/proofreading.