• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

E/M Specialty Certification

Nancy

Contributor
Best answers
Good Day, All!!!

I am preparing to take the E&M Auditor specialty exam in early December.
I have my CPC, CPC-H and CPC-URO. I'm really freaked out about this upcoming exam!!! We use 97 guidelines where I work; so I'm pretty okay with them. In going through the study guide, there's a lot of emphasis on acronyms and diseases. Pages and pages of them!!! For those of you out there who have conquered this exam, any suggestions on what to concentrate on???

Thanks to all in advance!!!
Nancy:confused:

okiesawyers

Expert
Best answers
I have not personally taken the E/M test yet, however I have seen posts about this subject. They said to have audit tools from both the 95 and 97 guidelines and to know the documentation guidelines and that the test seemed better than the regular CPC exam. I wish you the best of luck!

ARCPC9491

True Blue
Best answers
I took and passed the e/m exam about a month or so ago. I don't recall acronyms and diseases being a huge portion of it, if at all. A few questions about terminology/anatomy. Good luck! - use your 95/97 guidelines, take your CPT & ICD9 book. A hint I always tell people is if you are asked what the definition of something is, look it up in the ICD9 book - the definition is normally there.

Good luck.