Wiki E/M training

Best answers
I am a fairly new coder. I am really struggling reading reports and determining the E/m codes. Is there anything or coarse you might recommend. I just started my first coding job and am struggling. Thank you.

I am a fairly new coder. I am really struggling reading reports and determining the E/m codes. Is there anything or coarse you might recommend. I just started my first coding job and am struggling. Thank you.
I have used this site quite a bit for various coding questions:

I've also used WPS Learning Center:

Don't forget to search the AAPC site for lots of coding info.

Good Luck!

We have a variety of different E/M resources on AAPC.com and a lot of them will help you master the upcoming 2021 changes. You can find an E/M training course, webinars, workshops, blog articles and more. If you have questions about any of the resources, just reach out to an AAPC representative. We would be happy to help you find what you need to master E/M coding.

E/M University has a very good basic intro to E&M which I think you can actually get 1 CEU for once completed (you certainly used to get the CEU).

It will walk you through the whole process of assigning E/M levels and is very easy to understand. It is also free (or used to be). Check it out.

I am having a serious problem. I was doing coding and supervising a couple of others at a large practice in PA even though I was not certified. I had to move to a different state and discovered that I had to get my certification to be hired. So, I did so, passed the test and now am a CPC-A. I have been at a new position in a central coding department. They are having me complete audit sheets, they review them.. Each time we get the same code but they tear apart HOW I got the code. Leveling is apparently not what I thought. I have read everything I can find, asked questions etc. I don't know what to do anymore? Any ideas, thoughts, feeling? I am ready to quit! PS. I never had a problem with an audit at my previous job. I usually got 90 to 100%.

I am having a serious problem. I was doing coding and supervising a couple of others at a large practice in PA even though I was not certified. I had to move to a different state and discovered that I had to get my certification to be hired. So, I did so, passed the test and now am a CPC-A. I have been at a new position in a central coding department. They are having me complete audit sheets, they review them.. Each time we get the same code but they tear apart HOW I got the code. Leveling is apparently not what I thought. I have read everything I can find, asked questions etc. I don't know what to do anymore? Any ideas, thoughts, feeling? I am ready to quit! PS. I never had a problem with an audit at my previous job. I usually got 90 to 100%.
In order for me to give suggestions and help, I will need to know a bit more on their reviewing process, and how your work "tear" your explanations apart. What are their criteria? Do they follow their own audit sheets?