Wiki E/M visit with routine medical exam code v70.0

kimb

Best answers
we have physician's that are using E/m visits with diag. V70.0. We keep trying to tell them that V70.0 is for use with preventive visit. Is there some where's that I can find some documention letting them know when to use the V70.0 and what CPT codes to use them with? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V70.0

check CMS website for preventive medicine documentation as well as appropriate diagnosis........V70.0 does not belong on an "office visit"...office visits are associated with injuries,illness, sickness, etc.....not a preventive medicine exam

I would like a copy of that as well I have docs doing this all the time they say just put the code at the end..... Help!!

Just wondering, are you giving them another Dx that they can use for these visits? I am just thinking that if they did not do a complete prevent/physical then they cannot use the prevent E/m codes either and they have no other choice but an office visit code. Maybe if you give them info on what they should use for a Dx in those instances it would help them understand. For instance if they just came in for a refill on their thyroid meds and a limited exam was done then they would use the appropriate thyroid related Dx. It's just a thought I was having.