Wiki ECT billing 90870

CODY09

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know if the facility bills this code as well or is it just a professional code?

The facility would bill the 90870 and the 94.27 (ICD-9-PX) code. The facility will be paid based upon the APC rate for the 90870 and not the code itself.

Hope this helps :)

Amy if this is outpatient the facility will not use the vol 3 code at all. CPT and Vol 3 ICD-9 codes are never used together. If it is outpatient it will be the CPT codes and if it is inpatient it will be the ICD-9 Vol 3. If I misread your post then I apologize.

I was under the impression that this was in a hospital facility. You are correct. If he is in outpatient facility and coding for the physician performing they will only code the CPT code. However, if hospital facility they will code both the CPT and the ICD-9-PX. I was just giving them advice on both facility locations as I did not know which they were in :)

ect

I am questioning outpatient billing. The billing company said they have trouble getting paid for both when both the facility and physcian bill the same ect code. When I look at Medicares fee schedule it has a PC?TC indicator of zero which I thought is physician billing only so I am thinking the facility shouldnt be billing that code

I was under the impression that this was in a hospital facility. You are correct. If he is in outpatient facility and coding for the physician performing they will only code the CPT code. However, if hospital facility they will code both the CPT and the ICD-9-PX. I was just giving them advice on both facility locations as I did not know which they were in :)
Amy, I have an Arkansas Medicaid inpatient claim that is denying CPT 90870 which was billed with 99231/90792 on different dates of services spanning 3/6/14-3/21/14. Arkansas Medicaid is stating that we need to review the TOS and or lack of modifier billed. They stated that the claim will pay in a professional or technical location. Would you mind clarifying that please?