Wiki Employed!

Best answers
I will be starting in my first coding job next Monday, working at an Army hospital as a civilian federal employee. After taking an online community college coding course, I took and passed the CPC exam in March on my first try. I was also offered a coding position in a local clinic which I turned down. I don't have any coding job experience, although I did a little in the medical assistant externship that I completed. I think that I was just lucky that these positions became available shortly after I passed my CPC exam, as I didn't see coding positions open in the year prior. I'm very excited about starting my first coding position.
Carol CPC-A CMA (AAMA)

congrats

I will be starting in my first coding job next Monday, working at an Army hospital as a civilian federal employee. After taking an online community college coding course, I took and passed the CPC exam in March on my first try. I was also offered a coding position in a local clinic which I turned down. I don't have any coding job experience, although I did a little in the medical assistant externship that I completed. I think that I was just lucky that these positions became available shortly after I passed my CPC exam, as I didn't see coding positions open in the year prior. I'm very excited about starting my first coding position.
Carol CPC-A CMA (AAMA)

I wish you all the best! It's so nice to hear how a CPC-A has found a job- actually you found 2 and picked the one you wanted. Do you mind if I ask what type of coding you will be doing and why you picked one over the other.

Again- congrats!

Fantastic!!

That's great news! I'm glad you posted information about the success
you've had in your job search. I hope it will encourage newly ceritifed Coders,
especially with the Apprentice designation.
Good luck to you.

I wish you all the best! It's so nice to hear how a CPC-A has found a job- actually you found 2 and picked the one you wanted. Do you mind if I ask what type of coding you will be doing and why you picked one over the other.

Again- congrats!

I am doing coding for the ER. The position that I didn't accept was with a specialty clinic and I thought that I would have the opportunity for a greater variety of experience with the Army.
Carol CPC-A, CMA (AAMA)

tried private messaging you back- not working!

Carol CPC-A CMA (AAMA)

I tried emailing you back but it wouldn't go thru...

Email me at thames52006@verizon.net

Thanks

still studying

I still have a ways to go in my studying, but will test in September. I am concerned about finding a job. All of the ads that I read require....experience! How do I get that experience? Any suggestions?

Holland