Wiki ENT BAHA

sarah.medicalcoder

Contributor
Best answers
Good Morning. I hope all is well. The procedure is excision of skin around the BAHA (overgrowth and infection) and a skin graft around the site to improve the area. What CPT codes would you recommend for this procedure? Thank you.

I would consider 15004-15005 for the excision of the overgrowth/infected tissue and 15120-15121 vs. 15220-15221 for the skin graft for procedure you describe. The 15004-15005 is for "surgical preparation" for a skin graft and can include removal of devitalized tissue including scarring, necrosis, infection, etc. to prep the area for the skin graft. The final code(s) will be based on the total square centimeters of area prepped (this should be less than 100 sq cm if it's just immediately around the implant). The code(s) for the skin graft will depend on whether the graft is full thickness or partial/split thickness and the total sq cm.

I hope that helps!

Kim
www.codingmastery.com

I would consider 15004-15005 for the excision of the overgrowth/infected tissue and 15120-15121 vs. 15220-15221 for the skin graft for procedure you describe. The 15004-15005 is for "surgical preparation" for a skin graft and can include removal of devitalized tissue including scarring, necrosis, infection, etc. to prep the area for the skin graft. The final code(s) will be based on the total square centimeters of area prepped (this should be less than 100 sq cm if it's just immediately around the implant). The code(s) for the skin graft will depend on whether the graft is full thickness or partial/split thickness and the total sq cm.

I hope that helps!

Kim
www.codingmastery.com

Would you be able to assist me with a CPT code for a BAHA fitting after surgery?

Would you be able to assist me with a CPT code for a BAHA fitting after surgery?
I have coded audiology services in the past but not fitting of a BAHA implant specifically. Per my research, though, there is no established code to report fitting of a BAHA implant. I would consider unlisted code 92700. Discuss the scenario with the payer if possible to verify if prior approval will be required and what documentation would need to be submitted with the claim to support payment for the service.