Wiki eyelid lesion questio

Jamie Dezenzo

True Blue
Best answers
Hello List,
Op note states lesion removed carefully that actually overlie the opening of the superior punctum. The superior canaliculus was lacerated in the process of the removal just because of the placement of the lesion, the lesion being right on and emanation from the superior canaliculus.

The stent was then placed by the superor and inferior canliculus placed in the lacrimal duct for treatment of the inferior meatus in the nose and then the canliculus was repaired over the stend w/ 7-0 Chromic sutures.

Was looking at 67840 216.1 and 68700 870.8 and bundle stent placement. Really not sure about this one....any help would be great!

Jamie

I think I would go the other way, code for the stent and not the caniculi repair.

My reasoning: The caniculi was lacerated due to the procedure being performed which makes it incident to, and therefore not reportable.

The excision of lesion and stent placement I am assuming were the planned procedures?

Mary, CPC, COSC

Hi Mary,
I did check w/ the doctor to verify dx for stent placement which was "canaliculus laceration" which also sounds like it should be incidental to the repair?