Wiki Family Practice with sports injections

jatownsend

Best answers
:mad:I have a doctor who insists that he has went to several American Academy of Sports Medicine conferences and they have told him that if he gives and injection on the same day as his inital evaluation he is to down code the e/m. Has anyone ever heard this? He continues to do this and I have explained to him the risks of undercoding. I can not find anything in writing that states this is the case. His reasoning is that a family practice doctor doing sports injections is different than an Ortho doctor???????? :mad:

:mad:I have a doctor who insists that he has went to several American Academy of Sports Medicine conferences and they have told him that if he gives and injection on the same day as his inital evaluation he is to down code the e/m. Has anyone ever heard this? He continues to do this and I have explained to him the risks of undercoding. I can not find anything in writing that states this is the case. His reasoning is that a family practice doctor doing sports injections is different than an Ortho doctor???????? :mad:

Has this physician given you any of the "documented" info pertaining to this, or was this just something someoen "told" him at the conference. I personally have not heard of this.