• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

fracture care

Cindy711

Contributor
Best answers
I am working a hand suregon account. Does anybody have any easy explanation regarding when to bill a global fx care code versus an E&M code w/ xrays?

I'd apprecite it. Thanks, Cindy

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
Hi Cindy,

When I joined the ortho practice I am currently with, they would rarely bill for fracture care. They thought that they were making more money by billing out the office visits. I did a 3 month audit without saying anything to them and then presented the results ($$$$) and proved them wrong. It turned out that it was in our best interest to bill for the fracture care rather than E/M codes.

Hope this helps

Cindy711

Contributor
Best answers
HI AGAIN. pEOPLE IN MY OFFICE ARE STILL DISPUTING WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN BILL A NON-MANIPULATIVE FRACTURE W/ A e&m SERVICE(WITH DECISION FOR SURGERY MOD) AND FRACTURE CARE CODE FOR THE FIRST VISIT -- wHAT DO YOU THINk?

cbheusman

Networker
Best answers
I just read an article this morning in the April 2008 issue of Orthopedic Coders Pink Sheet that deals with this. Does your office subscribe to this? If not I could get the info to you.
Cathy

hrsmith23

New
Best answers
I do not have acces to the Coders Pink sheet and also have confusion as to how to code non-manipulative fracture care with a new patient visit. Can you forward me this information. My email address is hsmith@shch.org or my fax# is 269-639-2825. Thank you. Heather