Wiki G6024 and ASC

jlb0807

Networker
Best answers
Hello!

We are having trouble getting Medicare to pay for G6024 at our ASC. Is anybody else having this problem? Is anybody getting paid with 45833 by Medicare at an ASC? What do we need to do to get these claims paid?

Thanks in advance!

From a 2015 CPT Coding Update:

Which CPT and HCPCS G-codes should the ASC or HOPD use
when submitting a claim for facility services provided to Medicare
beneficiaries in 2015?
XXThe facility should report the new CPT codes for 2015.
XXThe facility should not report HCPCS codes G6018-G6028.
XXThe facility should continue to report HCPCS codes G0104, G0105 and G0121, as appropriate.

So - based on this - I wouldn't use the G6024. Submit the 45383.
Hope this helps.

I am in Ohio and we are also having this issue. After calling Medicare (CGS for Ohio) they have forward the issue to the Tech department to update their system. The 2015 CPT codes are listed on the Medicare ASC Fee Schedule. For those that receive the Part B News the December 15th issue gives the instructions on how to submit the 2015 GI CPT codes to Medicare for the Professional and the Facility Claims.

We are having the same issue. The 45383 has been deleted, they are saying the 45388 is an invalid code, so they told me to bill with the G6024 and now that has come back as an invalid code. I was coming on here to see if anyone has a suggestion for me? However, it looks as though other people are having the same problem as me!!