Wiki Group- Substance/Alcohol Abuse

jmiller3612

Best answers
I am in Arizona and bill for a counselors office. I am wondering which code to use for a group therapy that is for substance and/or alcohol abuse. It is an intensive outpatient therapy but not all of the patients attending the group sessions meet the HCPCS requirement for the group (H0015; which requires 3hours a day at least 3 times a week). My question is, what would you code these patients? H0004-HQ..But that is for behavioral health (Can we consider substance abuse as behavioral health) or the CPT code 90853 (Group psychotherapy- Again, can we classify substance and/or alcohol abuse into this?). I am feeling very confused and would love input on what you would code for these services! Thank you!

For my Substance Abuse Groups I use 96153. For my Mental Health Groups I use 90853. I'm in a co-curring mental health and substance abuse treatment outpatient facility. Hope this helps!

We bill H2035 and the rev code depending on their DOC. All of our payers accept these in MN. Except Medica we bill them per diem. You should go back to your contract and it should say or someone should have requested a fee schedule once you were contracted with the insurances. Good Luck

I am also in Arizona and bill the H0015 for IOP Substance Use/Behavioral Health. Have you had a problem with using the H0015 for clients who don't attend all 3 sessions in one week? Do you still bill out the H0015 for 1 or 2 sessions, or do you change it to H0004HQ?

I am also in Arizona and bill the H0015 for IOP Substance Use/Behavioral Health. Have you had a problem with using the H0015 for clients who don't attend all 3 sessions in one week? Do you still bill out the H0015 for 1 or 2 sessions, or do you change it to H0004HQ?
Hello,
Have you heard of ancillary hours for IOP patients? We have a facility in Arizona billing for ancillary hours H2014 and T1016 as outpatients on the same date of service as H0015. Have you heard of this before?