Wiki HCPCS code for Protonix

sflugum

Best answers
Does anyone know the correct HCPCS code to bill for protonix for a Medicare patient? We have NGS Medicare and I'm trying to find the correct HCPCS code to use.

Thanks.

C9113

How were you able to get to C9113? When I look in the CPT index it brings me to S0164. Now I am totaly confused! I am doing a Practicode excercise where the answer is C9113. I don't see any path to C9113 so any help would be wonderful!! I know I can look it up online but I am obsessing over finding a path to it in the book.

How were you able to get to C9113? When I look in the CPT index it brings me to S0164. Now I am totaly confused! I am doing a Practicode excercise where the answer is C9113. I don't see any path to C9113 so any help would be wonderful!! I know I can look it up online but I am obsessing over finding a path to it in the book.

Table of Drugs and Biologicals. In my Optum HCPCS book its Appendix 1.

Look for the drug name. Protonix IV. My book has 2 entries Vial is C9113. There is also S0164 for 40mg. S codes are not for use with Medicare so you have to use the C code Practicode answers follow Medicare.

I checked my 2015 AAPC version of HCPCS and both codes are missing from the Index I don't know about 2016 since I dont use the AAPC books anymore since they are error prone.(i do still use my 2015 ICD-10 AAPC book but will be using a different vendor for 2017)

Last edited: