Wiki HELP Billing question

natasha3

New
Best answers
Hello. I have a question. If a patient goes to a Family practice with a dx of pneumonia and the provider provides within the office a neubilizer tx. Can they bill for the procedure, DME (mask and tubing), and the adminstration of the albuterol at that date of service. I was under the impression that they could bill for the procedure only which included the mask, tube, and albuterol being adminstered at the date of service. If someone can please advise. My email address is nkemon@hotmail.com

Regards,
Natasha CPC, MSHI

Last edited:
You would bill a 94640 (nebulizer treatment only with your E/M service and make sure you put a 25 modifier on your E/M.

Hello. I have a question. If a patient goes to a Family practice with a dx of pneumonia and the provider provides within the office a neubilizer tx. Can they bill for the procedure, DME (mask and tubing), and the adminstration of the albuterol at that date of service. I was under the impression that they could bill for the procedure only which included the mask, tube, and albuterol being adminstered at the date of service. If someone can please advise. My email address is nkemon@hotmail.com

Regards,
Natasha CPC, MSHI

The correct way to bill this is :

ov w/modifer 25
med (J code)
admin (94640)

Hope this helps. :)