Wiki Help locate new, revised, and deleted ICD 10 and CPT codes for 2016

micki127

Guru
Best answers
Hello,

Can anyone help with trying to locate new, deleted, and revised ICD 10 and CPT codes for 2016? Either provide a link or guidance on where to find these. I was hoping the CMS or AMA sites would have this info but I am unable to locate.

Thank you,
Micki

I don't think there were any changes on ICD-10-CM codes. I believe PCS had changes but not completely sure since I don't know much about inpatient,

For 2016 codes due to copyright laws, additions, changes and deletions you will need a CPT book, AMA data file or a paid encoder service for the information

Your 2016 CPT book generally has the summary of Additions, Deletions, and Revisions listed in Appendix B near the back of the book. If you have the AMA professional edition it begins on page 715.

It really irks me that the AMA has this proprietary, revenue driven stranglehold on the CPT code data set. Even just counting the shear number of clicks that are associated with having to accept the legal disclaimer every single time anyone accesses a document or file that might contain a CPT code adds up to an obscene waste of time for everyone.

That venting out of the way, does anyone know if there is a spreadsheet or other electronic list of the new, deleted and revised codes? It would make sense to have one, but my searches haven't been successful (which circles me back to the rant that the AMA probably has something you can purchase...or am I being too cynical - lol!)

@suemt. You wont be able to find one for free online due to the AMA Copyright but yes you can purchase the CPT data file from AMA or another vendor.

I put together an Excel file of the add/change/delete codes. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to share. It isn't anything fancy at all, and doesn't even have the descriptions for the added codes (since I haven't seen an updated 2016 fee schedule from my Medicare MAC yet). Send an email to coder@habaneroinc.com and I'll send you a copy of my file.