Wiki Hemi-Commando MV procedure

amyu14

New
Best answers
Hi all, hoping for some insight on which CPT codes to use for the following procedures:

PROCEDURES:
1. Redo sternotomy
2. Aortic root, central fibrous body, and hemi-mitral valve replacement (hemi-commando procedure) with 21 mm homograft.
3. Ascending and hemi-arch replacement (24 mm Vascutek SideArm graft)

I wasn't sure about the hemi-commando procedure- is there a separate code for that? Or should I use the MVR CPT code?

Thank you for your help!

I am looking for this answer as well. I will site an article I have read "It must be highlighted that the Commando procedure generally refers only to mitro-aortic valve replacement with AMC reconstruction and that in the present study 42.9% (6 patients) of the patients underwent AVR and mitral valve repair. It is called hemi-Commando procedure."Cite this article as: Jiang X, Liu J, Khan F, Tang R, Zhang Y, Gu T. Aortic and mitral valve surgery for infective endocarditis with reconstruction of the intervalvular fibrous body: an analysis of clinical outcomes. J Thorac Dis 2020;12(4):1427-1436. doi: 10.21037/jtd.2020.03.04 The rectangular resection of the anterior mitral valve leaflet was used commonly. I am starting to think there is not a code specific for this procedure and that we will have to code each piece separately.