Wiki Hemoccult

according to the people in my you can't. But you may want to check it out with the lab that you commonly use. GOOD LUCK!
In order to bill and receive payment for certain laboratory tests in the 80xxx series, yes, you will need a CLIA number in order to get paid - for Medicare and Medicaid. Keep in mind, CLIA is maintained by CMS. If a CLIA waived lab is billed to Medicare or Medicaid - you HAVE to have a CLIA number on the claim to get paid. Some private payors, don't require this.
Great...thank you. It's for a private insurance. I actually just got paid today on it from BCBS Florida, so that answered my question when I got my remits in this afternoon.... Thank you all! :)