Wiki Hospital Stay and then a new pt visit in the office?

Kellyj0h

Best answers
I am currently doing billing for a new Pulmonologist who moved into the area. He is being summoned to the Hospital for consults, then the patient will see him later in his office. He is wanting to charge a consult or initial visit for the hospital charge, and then when he sees the patient in his office he wants to charge a new patient visit. I did not think this could be done. Anyone have some info they can share with me on this situation?

Yes the patient would be considered established if the physician or anyone in his medical group has seen the patient within the last three years.

new pt

I am currently doing billing for a new Pulmonologist who moved into the area. He is being summoned to the Hospital for consults, then the patient will see him later in his office. He is wanting to charge a consult or initial visit for the hospital charge, and then when he sees the patient in his office he wants to charge a new patient visit. I did not think this could be done. Anyone have some info they can share with me on this situation?

Here's an article that explains it very well. See what you think.

http://www.aafp.org/fpm/20030900/33unde.html