Wiki How long until Certificate comes in the mail?

Grahamzack

Contributor
Best answers
I passed my exam Monday the 6th of March. I am applying for jobs but I need my certificate number.
Can anyone give me a timeline on how long you had to wait to get your certificate in the mail?
I'm kind of just sitting on my thumbs here, waiting to get to work somewhere.

Thank you in advance.

I passed my exam Monday the 6th of March. I am applying for jobs but I need my certificate number.
Can anyone give me a timeline on how long you had to wait to get your certificate in the mail?
I'm kind of just sitting on my thumbs here, waiting to get to work somewhere.

Thank you in advance.

Your certificate number is your Member ID number, and it is on the AAPC website. Go to My AAPC > Download Member ID Card. Your Member ID card contains your ID number, a list of your current certifications, and your next renewal date.

The mailed certificate does not contain that number - that certificate is more of a decorative item that some people like to display. It doesn't contain the information necessary for job applications, and you don't need to provide that to potential employers.

Your certificate number is your Member ID number, and it is on the AAPC website. Go to My AAPC > Download Member ID Card. Your Member ID card contains your ID number, a list of your current certifications, and your next renewal date.

The mailed certificate does not contain that number - that certificate is more of a decorative item that some people like to display. It doesn't contain the information necessary for job applications, and you don't need to provide that to potential employers.
This is what I need help with.
This company needs a File that is not an image or simply my Cert Number
When I download my card, its an image.

Please select a file of type .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt
File size can be up to 4MB. Supported file types are doc, docx, pdf, rtf, txt.

I am wondering why they need a file of your cert number, at all.

AAPC has a place for employers to verify certification:

https://www.aapc.com/certification/credential-verification.aspx

They only need your cert/membership # and/or your email address, and your last name.

The card from the website saves as a PDF - click the orange "print" button under the card, and save as PDF.

The mailed certificate is meaningless to an employer, honestly. All it says is that you passed that particular exam at some point in the past. It doesn't show that you currently hold a certification.

The Member ID card shows every credential you hold, and it proves that your credentials haven't expired. When an employer asks for a document showing your certification, that's usually what they want.

They can also verify your credential online at the link, but if the application requires you attach a file I'd attach a PDF of the member ID card.

I passed CPC in August and do want the decorative certificate but never received it. How long does it take to receive in the mail?
If you passed in August and it's December now, you may want to follow up and see if they have the correct mailing address or confirm it was mailed. I passed this July and received it in around a few weeks / a month, I don't recall exactly but I did receive it in the mail.

How long after you pass the exam does your membership update? Mine is still showing Student and my original expiry from my time of graduation. Will my membership number change after it's updated?