Wiki How to find local worshops

Go to your member page. It has an area for local chapter events. If you want the surrounding area, check out the "find a local chapter" section and go to the chapters in the area you want, it will list their programs.

Machelle
CPC, CPC-H, CPC/E-M

Other societies

There are other associations, societies or vendors that might offer workshops as well.

Try googling "coding workshops" to get a list of potential vendors, then get on their mailing lists.

Also try your state Medical Society. The Medical Society of Wisconsin offers an annual Coding Symposium. It's a 2.5 hr drive from my home; my employer is willing to reimburse me for the travel expenses and one night hotel.

The specialty association/society for your physician may also offer coding workshops that are specific to that specialty. I attended the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's coding workshop one year.

And don't be afraid to ask your boss (doctor or office manager) for reimbursement (partial or total) for the expense of maintaining your certification. Your continuing education is no less important that the doctor's.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M