Wiki I need help with lesions!

anitadye

Best answers
Can someone please help me! We are having a debate in the billing department on how to code the diagnosis tongue lesion. How would you code tongue lesion? and why? :confused:

The golden rule of coding lesions is that, in order to assign a code, you need to know the complete picture-the type, location, and size of the lesion, as well as the method of repair. Without all this information, you're left with no other option than to query the physician.

Do you have more info?

No other info, except other dx's

Dx's were listed as follows:

thrush
coxsackie
tongue lesion

I think I'm on the same debate w/u...Sorry...See if 528.9 fits...the lesions are going to be biopsied or evaluated further for a definitive diagnosis of a potentially serious disorder?

Last edited:
hope this helps

I would not use 210.1 unless is was biopsied and came back a benign neoplasm. I would code 529.8 other specified conditions of the tongue. I code for radiology and I have to code for dx codes for lesions all the time and it seems to be the .8 or .9 for other or unspecified condition. Good luck hope this helps.

I would not use 210.1 unless is was biopsied and came back a benign neoplasm. I would code 529.8 other specified conditions of the tongue. I code for radiology and I have to code for dx codes for lesions all the time and it seems to be the .8 or .9 for other or unspecified condition. Good luck hope this helps.

Thats why I gave that code because I didn't know if it was biopsied and the results...