Wiki ICD-9 for Android??

coding303

Networker
Best answers
I am searching for a program or app, or mobile site. I currently work for a large physician practice in a cube, with my desktop, and everything I need. I am moving to a new position in a hospital where I will be doing E&M coding but will be mobile. Essentially I will be sent out with a rolling bag and a laptop to capture charges from hand written physicians notes held at the nursing stations to bill E&M codes. I have seen that my future co-workers drag around all of their paper books. I am looking for a good ICD-9 app or site I can use as reference from my android phone. The laptop that I will have will have spotty limited wireless and charges are downloaded once you "plug in" at the end of the day so essentially I am on a static machine as far as internet goes. I had heard that "supercoder" is one good route and that you can log into their site with your phone to access information but I cannot find anything about it on their site. I am wondering if they have a condensed "mobile site" or if it will just be super tiny on my screen. Does anybody happen to have any recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it

one more note....

I'm currently spoiled by having access to 3M encoder with my current employer. I am afraid I may not be able to come close at all to finding something so user friendly in a mobile site/app :(

I'm currently spoiled by having access to 3M encoder with my current employer. I am afraid I may not be able to come close at all to finding something so user friendly in a mobile site/app :(

In my opinion there is no substitute for coding books when it comes to physician coding. Encoders may be OK for hospital coding but allow too many errors for physician coding. They are great for giving suggestions for codes but nothing beats the actual books for coding accuracy. Google is as good as any encoder for coding suggestions. When it comes to physician E&M coding, use your books.

In my opinion there is no substitute for coding books when it comes to physician coding. Encoders may be OK for hospital coding but allow too many errors for physician coding. They are great for giving suggestions for codes but nothing beats the actual books for coding accuracy. Google is as good as any encoder for coding suggestions. When it comes to physician E&M coding, use your books.

Honestly, I realize that lugging around the books might become quite tiresome but I would still have to agree with m.j. kummer. I use my books 100% of the time and only use the internet as a source of reference when I get stuck on something. Even if you did find a mobile app, I wouldn't suggest not having your books.

Yes, I understand that you are all in agreement that there is no substitution for a hard copy ICD-9-CM. My search is to find an electronic enhancement....just as paper charting is obsolete (or will be for those who have not moved over to EHR) many texts will become less referenced (but always a handy thing to have around.) This employer I will soon have will be purchasing software for their laptops, but not until ICD-10 implementation to remain cost effective. I know that you enjoy your coding text as do I, they are a great reference, but to cut down on the weight I will be carrying it only seems efficient to find an electronic enhancement to carry with and leave a hard copy behind to reference at a cube if needed. Just as I am aware of this move into the electronic information age, I am also quite certain that once the 14,000 diagnosis codes and 4,000 procedure codes of the ICD-9-CM book is replaced by the 68,000 diagnoses codes and 87,000 procedure codes in the ICD-10-CM I will not be carrying that weight.

If anyone can help me in my search I would greatly appreciate it.