Wiki In all Forums "no" help for this. PLZ HELP

Brandy0618

Guru
Best answers
I am a CPC in a Pediatric office. Today our Dr. asked for my help and advice with an issue that has been a "FIRST" in our office, however I thought in all the Pediatric forums I would find someone else that has encountered this and could help via a diagnosis code. Our Dr. saw 2 sets of parents that presented with a traumatic situation of their boys (whom are best friends at school) age 6, having sexual relations. Our Dr., along with myself have torn up ideas in which to look this up in ICD-9. Our Dr spent 1hr 1/2 counseling these parents on this issue. We can not locate any code in ICD-9 that will in truth describe this situation. Please help in anyway possible. Thank you so much!!:rolleyes::confused:

302.-- is Sexual deviations and disorders
V 69.2 is High-risk sexual behavior
259.1 Precocious sexual development and puberty, not elsewhere classified.

In my opinion, Dx 259.1 is the least likely to do permanent labeling. Remember, your diagnosis coding will last until these boys turn 21 years old, if not longer...so a natural curiosity can have a lasting effect.

I do not believe the codes suggested are appropriate as you note no confirmed diagnosis for these children. Precocious puberty is a constitutional disorder that has not been described here. I would report V61.20, Counseling for parent-child problem, unspecified (inclusion note - Concern about behavior of child). Though additional evaluation of the children may lead to more specific diagnoses, the encounter is described as focused on counseling the parents about their children's behavior. Hope this is not too late to be helpful.