Wiki Insurance Follow-up Quota

Best answers
Could anyone share with me the number of Claims, Line-Items, etc that are required for a day (8 hrs) of insurance follow-up.

No distractions, not answering phones, registering patients, etc. Only working pending insurance item report.

How many line items are required to be completed in a day?

Could anyone share with me the number of Claims, Line-Items, etc that are required for a day (8 hrs) of insurance follow-up.

No distractions, not answering phones, registering patients, etc. Only working pending insurance item report.

How many line items are required to be completed in a day?

Lora,

That could be difficult to answer, I understand there will be no interuptions but depending on what type of issue you run into and also hold/wait times it's really hard to say how many line items or claims you can get thru.

I do a/r followup ( with interuptions) I also use alot of my resources like the insurance carriers website to check claim status as well, which really saves alot of time.

I'll be interested to know what your a/r looks like and if you have any particular insurances that are in that over 120 day bucket.

You can email me privately and I can give you some suggestions and tips. I am the manager of a billing dept and follow ups are a big part of my girls day.