Wiki Kyleena HCPCS code

CJGORKA

Best answers
At our college health center, the recently introduced Kyleena™ (levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system) 19.5 mg has become a popular IUD choice. There has been no assignment of a specific HCPCS code and per a phone call to Bayer, may not be until 2018.

We are having difficulty with preauthorization using Bayer’s suggested J3490, Unclassified drugs. We think perhaps S4989, Contraceptive intrauterine device (e.g., progestacert iud), including implants and supplies) would be the best alternative for coding. We are looking for anyone’s experience with preauthorization or claims for this product.

Cathy Gorka

Yes, Help Please!

Our office is having the same issues, so if anyone has any feedback, please don't hold out on us! ;)

We have been using the generic J code, however, some Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans are giving us the run around with the code, to which they gave us the alternative of S4989. So, I guess it depends on the actual plan.

Kyleena -- Appropriate Code .....

:D As a payer we are accepting S4989 - Contraceptive intrauterine device (e.g., Progestacert IUD), including implants and supplies .... this is the most appropriate code, not unlisted J3490.

New Temporary Code for Kyleena effective 7/1/17

hello
Does anyone have some information about the the new temporary code for Kyleena effective for CMS on July 1,2017?
the code will be Q9984.
Please let me know where I can found more info about it.
thanks

temporary HCPCS code for Kyleena

I was informed that there is a temporary HCPCS code for Kyleena now - it's Q9984. I hope this helps.

Kyleena IUD Temp Code

I was just given a temp code for the Kyleena asQ9984. Is anybody having trouble with reimbursement or can share what they are being reimbursed for the IUD when it is paid under their medical benefits?