Wiki liability insurance

kathy073

Best answers
Are medical practices required to carry liability insurance on their certified coders? or is that the responsibility of the coder?

I needs some advice on how much and the types of liability best suited for CPC's.

thanks for the help.

Are medical practices required to carry liability insurance on their certified coders? or is that the responsibility of the coder?

I needs some advice on how much and the types of liability best suited for CPC's.

thanks for the help.

Like insuring your work? I didn't know that existed...I'd think there would be an incentive on their malpractice insurance, but insuring the coder directly? Your liability's limited - the doctor's liable for what goes out the door on the claims.

thanks for the help.

Don't think it's a requirement but you can purchase your own insurance. I am not sure if AAPC still has that info on their website, I know a few years ago we were able to purchase our own insurance I don't think it was thru AAPC but I believe they had it on the site here.

Good luck!

Hello,

Under Resources on AAPC website, look under Savings & click member perks. Then click Insurance & Services. Then click Marsh Affinity Group services. They provide Professional Liability Insurance. From there just click on the info about the costs, etc. Hope this helps!!