Wiki Looking for a job

clbarney

Best answers
Hi I am recently finished completing online school for Medical Billing and Coding I am looking for work to start my new career. I would appreciate any advice any one could give me on how to really go about getting a job or even making my self stand out more. Thank You

Don't limit yourself to just coding jobs. Take any job that will get you in the door. This will also get you familiar with the work flow of the office. If you prove yourself, when a coder is needed you will get the opportunity that you are looking for. Don't be discouraged if the clinic is looking specifically for an experienced coder. Physicians have strong personalities. I have seen several times when hiring a newly certified coder is just not going to work. There are times when you need someone with years of experience because you will be dealing with documentation issues and other things that you just are not prepared for yet. If someone is looking to only hire an experienced coder, there is a reason and trust me as a newly certified CPC you would not be prepared to walk into that situation and deal with very complicated and detailed issues that you just don't have the skills for, yet.

Hi I am recently finished completing online school for Medical Billing and Coding I am looking for work to start my new career. I would appreciate any advice any one could give me on how to really go about getting a job or even making my self stand out more. Thank You
You absolutely need to get an AAPC or AHIMA certification for starters. Completing an online coding and billing course counts for nothing in most employers eyes I'm afraid.