Wiki Loss of Lordosis coding

As a medical term lordosis is actual an abnormal condition of a foward bending of the spine, as in that which is more than normal... suffix sis means condition of. Lordo root word bending forward.

you are right I guess I was thinking more of an abnormality would be hyperlordosis so if you have loss of excessive curvature would that also be considered an abnormality?

HAHHAHA! You got me there! I had no answer for Adam on this one as I am thinking if the patient had lordosis, then due to exercise and weight loss perhaps is walking more erect and as a result has a more natural curvature, is that what he means by a loss of lordosis?, in which case I am thinking we need no diagnosis to say the patient is getting better except for maybe a V code but I am not sure which one maybe follow up? I think more information is really needed.

I am thinking more info is needed on this one. "Loss of" indicates that the curvature is being corrected in some way. We use 737- 737.9 depending on type or 738.5 if it is NOS. If the curvature is gone, we do not code it. Good luck!