Wiki Mediastinotomy

Codergirl93

Networker
Best answers
Hello! I am hoping someone could point me in the right area. I have a note from a practice exam and going between 2 CPT codes.

Postoperative Diagnosis: Sarcoid and new onset paratracheal adenopathy
Procedure Performed: Mediastinotomy

Description of Procedure: The patient was brought into the OR and placed in supine position. IV sedation and general anesthesia was administered by the anesthesia department. The neck was prepped in standard fashion with betadine scrub, sterile towels and drapes. Standard linear incision was made over the trachea. We were able to dissect down to the pretracheal fascia without difficulty. The extensive adenopathy was immediately apparent just below the innominate artery on the right paratracheal side. One exceedingly large lymph node was identified and biopsied extensively. Hemostasis was obtained without difficulty. The region was impregnated with Marcaine, lidocaine, epinephrine mixture. The specimen was sent to pathology. The wound was closed in layers. The skin was closed with subcu stitch and covered with Dermabond. The patient tolerated the procedure well and was taken to the recovery room in stable condition.

A. 39220
B. 39402
C. 39010
D. 39000

I am saying it is B 39402, but some people are telling me D 39000. Any suggestion?

Thanks!!