eharloff

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

I'm in Michigan and a lot of the schedulers at the office I'm at have been scheduling Medicare annual visits too early...Medicare has to be 366 days after the last physical, correct? Now what about lab work. We have patient's who leave for Florida and like to get their annual lab work done, but before a year and a day has passed. What is the policy for this?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm in Michigan and a lot of the schedulers at the office I'm at have been scheduling Medicare annual visits too early...Medicare has to be 366 days after the last physical, correct? Now what about lab work. We have patient's who leave for Florida and like to get their annual lab work done, but before a year and a day has passed. What is the policy for this?

Thanks!

Your medicare website should list the codes, and when the patient is next eligible to have them (my medicare website, Noridian, has them).

You can see that this patient hasn't had a lipid panel in while:

1603995357533.png

Further down in that list, you can see that they cannot have an AWV until 9/1/2021, although they CAN have alcohol misuse and depression screening now:

1603995412768.png

If they want an AWV before 9/1/2021, they can sign an ABN, get it early, and pay for it themself.