• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Important Note: We will be performing important server maintenance on 15 July 2020 , during which time this site will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. If you are in the middle of something critical , please save your work. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Morton's Neuroma

Lisa Bledsoe

True Blue
Best answers
Is there a code for the medication used? My doc injects dehydrated alcohol, epinepherine and marcaine. I "assume" it would be bundled with the procedure because of the agents used, but you know what happens when you assume...

k4lilly

Contributor
Best answers
Local Carriers - Morton's Neuroma

Hi,

In veiwing your previous threads on the injection of Morton's Neuroma with a sclerosing agent, I have found that you appear to be pretty good with the Medicare websites. I have been trying to find my local carrier's coverage determination and rules on this injection for over a week now and even with a phone call to them have still come up empty handed. My carrier is NHIC.

Is there anyway that you can help me find my coverage/ruling for how to bill this. I hate to ask as I am sure that you are really busy.......but I am becoming pretty desparate with all the held claims I have now.

http://www.medicarenhic.com/

We are Part B New England.............

Kelly

Lisa Bledsoe

True Blue
Best answers
Kelly - I tried...your carrier's website is difficult to work with. I couldn't find anything either, so perhaps they do not have a current policy regarding mortons neuroma. I tried with words, codes, you name it. Nothing about this topic. Wish I could have been more helpful!
Lisa