Wiki Motility Catheter Placement

Best answers
Hello!

I have looked everywhere for clarification on these catheter placement procedures and I can't find *any* clear documentation regarding which CPT codes to use for placement.

My pedi gastro doc performed a motility catheter placement via Ileoscopy through the pts stoma. He is billing a 44384. Report reads as follows:

Without pressure, the Neonatal endoscope was able to be advanced to the 75 cm mark. A 0.21 Cook Glidewire was passed through the instrument channel of the neonatal scope. The neonatal scope was then withdrawn over the wire under fluoroscopy. The 12-French MMS solid state high-resolution manometry catheter was then placed over the wire using fluoroscopy to the 60 cm mark. We were not able to navigate around the last corner to achieve the full 75 cm of wire placement. The wire was removed from the catheter, and the catheter was then secured to the anterior abdominal wall and the procedure was terminated.

Would/could a motility cath be considered a stent? If it isn't, there really isn't a CPT that I can use for the catheter placement besides Ileoscopy through stoma (44380) but then I can't bill for the fluoroscopy (74360).

To further muddy the waters, he billed for a Antroduodenal Manometry interpretation (91022,26).

If a cath can be considered a stent, then I would bill the 44384 w/ the 74360. If it isn't, then I would bill just the Ileoscopy (44380).

Thanks for the help!