Nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy EF declined to 30-35%; Primary Prevention
Chronic systolic CHF FC III

Hardware Implanted:
## MRI COMPATIBLE SYSTEM ##
Boston Scientific BiV ICD MOMENTUM CRT-D MN

Hardware Explanted:
Guidant BiV PPM
Procedure Details
The risks, benefits, complications, treatment options, and expected outcomes were discussed with the patient. The patient and/or family concurred with the proposed plan, giving informed consent. Patient was marked and timeout done.

The antibiotic was completely infused. The patient was prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion and the left upper chest anesthetized with 10 cc of 50/50 mixture of 0.25% marcaine and 2% lidocaine. An incision was made in the deltopectoral groove and electrocautery used to perform dissection down to the device pocket where the pocket was incised, device delivered, and the leads tested. The old PG was explanted. The old RA, RV ICD lead and LV leads were secured to the new device and placed into the pocket after irrigation with a NS solution and hemostasis. The pocket was expanded to accommodate the new generator. The old capped shocking electrodes were incorporated into the new system. The new system is now MRI conditional.

DFT testing was deferred.

The incision was closed in 3 layers, the lower two with running 2-0 Vicryl and the cutaneous with 4-0 Vicryl. Steri-Strips and a dry sterile dressing were placed over the wound and the patient was transferred to the PACU in stable condition for recovery from anesthesia.

Measured Data:
P wave 2.3 mV, 559 ohms, thr 0.6 V at 0.4 ms
RV R wave 18.7 mV, 471 ohms, thr 0.7 V at 0.4 ms
LV 1009 ohms, thr 1.3 V at 0.8 mv (Bipolar lead)

Final Parameters:
DDDR 70-130 with single zone for Rx at 185 BPM with ATP then 41 J.

Anesthesia: MAC

Implants

DEFIBRILLATOR CARDIAC MOMENTUM HEARTLOGIC ENDURALIFE SMARTCRT D .99 CM W 5.37 CM X H 8.08 CM 32 CC 72.8 GM RIGHT ATRIUM VENTRICLE LEFT VENTRICLE IS-1 DF-1 CONNECTOR CRT-D - S137793 - LOG600707

Inventory Item: DEFIBRILLATOR CARDIAC MOMENTUM HEARTLOGIC ENDURALIFE SMARTCRT D .99 CM W 5.37 CM X H 8.08 CM 32 CC 72.8 GM RIGHT ATRIUM VENTRICLE LEFT VENTRICLE IS-1 DF-1 CONNECTOR CRT-D Serial no.: 137793 Model/Cat no.: G125
Implant name: DEFIBRILLATOR CARDIAC MOMENTUM HEARTLOGIC ENDURALIFE SMARTCRT D .99 CM W 5.37 CM X H 8.08 CM 32 CC 72.8 GM RIGHT ATRIUM VENTRICLE LEFT VENTRICLE IS-1 DF-1 CONNECTOR CRT-D - S137793 - LOG600707 Laterality: N/A Area:
Manufacturer: Boston Scientific Corp Date of Manufacture:
Action: Implanted Number Used: 1
Device Identifier: Device Identifier Type:
Guidant pacemaker

Inventory Item: Serial no.: H120-117856 Model/Cat no.: H120-117856
Implant name: Guidant pacemaker Laterality: N/A Area:
Manufacturer: Guidant Corp Date of Manufacture:
Action: Explanted Number Used: 1

thanks in advance
i am coming up as 33233, 33249 biv pacemaker explant and biv icd implant - same leads reused so should i do 33264? instead of 33249?

Not 33249 because it is not a defibrillator system that is being placed, just an ICD generator. I would go with 33231 (insertion of defib pulse generator only with existing multiple leads) and 33233 (removal of pacemaker pulse generator).
I was always under the impression that pacemaker leads and defibrillator leads were not interchangeable but hey, what do I know?