Wiki Need help with Coronary Angiography

Best answers
Coronary Angiography:
A 6-French JL4 was advanced through the left main Coronary artery and images obtained. The left main coronary artery bifurcated into an left anterior descending and circumflex coronary arteries. The left main coronary artery appeared normal.
The left anterior descending coronary artery gave rise to 2 diagonal branches as well as several smaller diagonal branches The left anterior descending coronary artery had mild luminal irregularities throughout.
In the mid vessel the greatest stenosis was approximately 20%. The circumflex coronary artery was had mild diffuse disease throughout. It gave rise to a single prominent obtuse marginal artery. The OM artery had a proximal 30% stenosis present. The 6-French JR4 was advanced through right coronary artery and images obtained.
The right coronary artery was dominant. The right coronary artery had disease in the proximal and mid segments. In P1 segment ,there is a single discrete 30 to 40% stenosis. In the P2 segment,there is a single discrete 40 to 50% stenosis present.

Can somebody help me with this coding. I am new to this.

Thank you

Hello, I'll be happy to help.

Assuming you are coding for the physician and not the hospital, here are your codes.

93508-26 - Catheter placement in coronary artery(s), arterial coronary conutis and /or venous coronary bypass grafts fro coronary angiography w/o concomitant left heart cath

93545 - selective coronary angiography

93556-26 - Imaging supervision, interpretation and report for pulmonary angiography, aortography and/or selective coronary angiography including venous bypass grafts and arterial conduits (whether native or use in bypass)

I hope this makes sense.

Dolores, CPC-CCC