Wiki need icd 9 code

sdunaway1

Guru
Best answers
Can anyone tell me what the diagnosis code for removal of an expired bone growth stimulator battery is? Please !!! I have looked everywhere w no luck!

Thank you,

Steph

Can anyone tell me what the diagnosis code for removal of an expired bone growth stimulator battery is? Please !!! I have looked everywhere w no luck!

Thank you,

Steph

Look to your "complications - due to devices, implants, grafts" etc in the front of your ICD-9 index. You should find something appropriate there. :)

Thank you,

Steph

You can also take a look at the aftercare codes V50-59 (Persons Encountering Health Services For Specific Procedures And Aftercare V50-V59)

You can also take a look at the aftercare codes V50-59 (Persons Encountering Health Services For Specific Procedures And Aftercare V50-V59)

Hopefully we can't use Encountering Health Services because this follow up is removal of battery so we need to look from ''Mechanical complication'' category.

To just remove an expired battery is not a mechanical complication. It is just a fitting and adjustment so it is a V code for aftercare. It would be a mechanical complication if the battery was expected to never expire.