Wiki Nerve conduction studies-Who's familar

daniel

True Blue
Best answers
Who's familar with these services. And does anyone have any useful links in regards to coding. So I can brief myself on this section.

Thank You
Daniel

I'm familiar with NCS, I work in a neurologist office for 5 years. There use to be an LCD for EMG/NCS that I used to get familiar with it - what are you needing help with?
Patti

Just seeking anything in General. We brought this service on to are practice. I see from the charge ticket that is use, that they have the following CPTs

95900-Motor Nerves w/o F-Wave
95903-Motor Nerves with F-Wave
95904-Sensory Nerve
95925-SSEP in Upper Limb
95927-Dermatomal Evoked Potential

Just looking for any articles or info on coding for these services. The physicain or tech that provides these services circles the service provided on the charge ticket himself. So I leave at it is and pass it on to Data Entry. So pretty much I don't know if what is being coded is correct or not.

Just seeking some education on this section.

Respectfully
Daniel

Well I'm not sure what state your in but this website might be helpful http://www.wpsmedicare.com/part_b/policy/neuro005_billing.pdf - now when you say that they are circling the procedure are they mentioning how many motors and/or sensors to bill for because they can be billed with multiple units. One of my docs use to sit on the medicare advisory board for neurologist for SC so he was who medicare went to for advise on what is the maximum amount of units that any physician should bill

I Work For An Internal Medicine Practice In Virginia And I Would Just Warn You To Be Careful. The Device We Purchased Was The Nc Stat Which The Local Medicare Carrier Does Not Recognize As An Acceptable Device And As Such Will Not Pay But The Salesman Of The Device Told Us It Was Covered And To Use The Cpt Codes You Have Listed.