Wiki Neurosurgery resources

twizzle

Best answers
The company I work for may be taking on a group of neurosurgeons. No one here codes neurosurgery (I think this will be predominantly limited to surgery of the brain rather than spinal surgery but I'm not sure).
Anyone know any good resources/publications for this specialty?

Medtronics is a wonderful group. Not only do they provide free webinars (free CEU's), they also has a spineline email address that you can submit questions to. They often provide answers from reputable sources, such as NASS, and other societies. If you look to the right of the screen (from the link), you will a link for "webinars". The spine line support group is beneath the the webinar section.

-GOOD LUCK-!!!

http://www.medtronic.com/for-health.../therapies/reimbursement/physicians/index.htm

Karen Zupko also has great info; you can sign up to receive emails from her, and also search archives of past questions.

I agree with Rebecca about Medtronics being great. However, I got an email recently that they are no longer doing the webinars as they have done previously. Also agree that the Neurology Coding Companion is a wonderful resource.

Karen Zupko also has great info; you can sign up to receive emails from her, and also search archives of past questions.

I agree with Rebecca about Medtronics being great. However, I got an email recently that they are no longer doing the webinars as they have done previously. Also agree that the Neurology Coding Companion is a wonderful resource.

That is a bummer!!!! They were so informative. When did you receive this email?

I didn't save it, so I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking it was maybe about a month ago. Luckily, I had just participated in several really good ones about spine coding, stimulators, and targeted drug delivery...soooo glad I was able to get those in before they stopped!!

Hmmm...I just went to the link you posted above, out of curiosity, and there are definitely still several courses scheduled. Makes me want to see if I can dig that email out of my deleted files to see what it was really about... :confused:

Meagan,

I have sent the Spineline an email to confirm. I noticed the future webinars that are still scheduled but they weren't providing CEU's for those. I'll post the email response once I receive it. Thanks for the "heads up"....

Meagan,

I have sent the Spineline an email to confirm. I noticed the future webinars that are still scheduled but they weren't providing CEU's for those. I'll post the email response once I receive it. Thanks for the "heads up"....

Thanks Rebecca! I actually was able to find the email; it is from 4-13-12:

"Due to the changes in services at Medtronic Spinal, we are no longer able to offer coding-related courses through the Spine Academy Learning Series. Unfortunately this means that we have to cancel an upcoming course for which you registered: Hospital Inpatient Coding Spine Surgery Case Study Analysis (originally scheduled for April 24, 2012). We apologize for this inconvenience and express our sincere appreciation for your support throughout the years.

Changes to Spineline Services
Effective April 6, 2012, all telephone and email coding inquiries placed to the SPINELINE(r) will be forwarded to Medtronic's Reimbursement Support Center (RSC). The RSC will be available to assist with questions pertaining to codes for specific Medtronic products. For questions not related to a product, or for questions pertaining to procedures, the RSC will refer you to an appropriate external resource as SPINELINE(r) no longer provides this expanded service.
As an alternative, you can access product reimbursement guides and other reimbursement information by going to the SPINELINE(r) web site at www.medtronicspinal.com/spineline<http://www.medtronicspinal.com/spineline>. "

Not sure how that affects the remainder that are scheduled. Would certainly like to hear any info they give you!

Thanks again!!

Response received....

Meagan,

I received a response from the Spineline. In a nutshell, they are still providing webinars but not Ceu's.

Oh well....the web's are still great for those that have never attended one.