Wiki New CIC with CPC experience. Looking for a job.

muziqtlo

New
Best answers
I am newly certified in inpatient coding, CIC but have been working as an anesthesia coder with my CPC for six years. before that I have extensive experience in billing and claims. I’m having a really hard time finding a company that will hire me for inpatient coding with no experience in that particular field. I don’t want to just give up, but it is really frustrating. Any advice?

I am newly certified in inpatient coding, CIC but have been working as an anesthesia coder with my CPC for six years. before that I have extensive experience in billing and claims. I’m having a really hard time finding a company that will hire me for inpatient coding with no experience in that particular field. I don’t want to just give up, but it is really frustrating. Any advice?
Don't give up! There are soooooooooo many jobs for inpatient coder and you have all that experience. Someone would be crazy not to scoop you up. Seriously. Just keep applying! The more I applied, the more I learned which jobs I should apply for. I did medical transcription for 13 years in every medical specialty, so I found that if I applied for outpatient jobs which listed 0-2 years or didn't mention any "must have 3 years experience" and mentioned must know anatomy, physiology, etc., those were the jobs for me. Well it worked, because I got a direct e-mail from a Rev Cycle Manager at a hospital. DON'T GIVE UP! Indeed is a GREAT source for jobs. Just my 2 cents.