Wiki New MDM

Bjones83

New
Best answers
Hello I am trying to find clarification on the new MDM. I understand you have to have 2 out of 3 elements to assign, but what if I have a straightforward, limited and then moderate? How would I determine the level?

Thank you. I'm still trying to figure out what to do if I don't have 2 in the same level.

You take away the highest and the lowest. With your example you will be left with Limited MDM 99203/99213. You can think of it as Moderate MDM can meet the requirements for a Limited MDM but not the other way around. So, if you consider the Moderate MDM like a "Limited "+" MDM" then this gives you the 2 elements (Limited MDM and Limited "+" MDM) to determine your final MDM.

If you look at the AAPC audit tool in page 4 upper right: "Use any chart that meet or exceed". The "charts" are the three different elements for MDM. So, as I wrote above since Moderate MDM meets and exceeds a Limited MDM then you end up with a Limited MDM but since a Limited MDM does not meet or exceed a Moderate MDM then you can never end up with Moderate MDM in your scenario.

Attachments

• EM-audit-tool.pdf
    136.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: