Wiki New verbiage for 2009 Preventive Med codes; what does this mean?

Best answers
In the 2009 CPT book Preventive Medicine Services they have removed the verbiage, "(ordering of) appropriate immunization(s)...".
Does this mean I will have to list the appropriate V code diagnosis for each immunization that is given at each visit? We currently use the age appropriate V code diagnosis for the well visit then list the Preventive Med CPT code then the immunizations codes along with the administration codes. I'm confused!

Ummm, I don't think I understood your response. Did they change their minds and put that verbiage..."appropriate immunizations"...back into the description? Because in my 2009 CPT book in the overview of changes, it looks like the AMA was removing those words from the description of the Preventive Medicine Services.:confused:

I just attended an audioconference on the new codes and they said that verbiage was removed because it was causing confusion about them being included or whatever. You don't need to change the way you have been billing. They just thought they were cleaning up the description. :)

2009 preventive med

I'm not real clear on this either. But it looks like from the wording on page 29 of CPT 2009 Professional Edition that's exactly what you should do.
Code the CPT for the immunizations and use the V codes to identify the dx that goes with them.

"Vaccine/toxoid products, immunization administrations, ancillary studies involving laboratory, radiology, other procedures, or screening tests (eg, vision, hearing, developmental) identified with a specific CPT code are reported separately."

Sorry, can't be much help here. Some of the new guidance is as clear as mud. LOL