Not A Loose Or Foreign Body?

VIOLYNPLA2

Networker
Best answers
PROCEDURE:
ARTHROSCOPIC EXCISION OF A LARGE PERIMENISCAL CYST

"There was a large perimeniscal cyst filled with ganglion fluid."

29874 OR 29999???? OR is there something else?

Your input is greatly appreciated!!!!:rolleyes:

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
if the cyst was on the meniscus and excised from the meniscus (including meniscal tissue) , depending on your documentation, you may be able to use 29881

VIOLYNPLA2

Networker
Best answers
That makes sense, if the cyst was as you state was on the meniscus. But this is how the report states.

I removed the entire anterior horn and body if the lateral meniscus as well as 50% of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus. The remnant meniscus is quite stable.

After the meniscectomy was complete, I then used a shaver to get into the perimeniscal cyst. Then arthroscopically this was excised and a large amount of ganglionis fluid was removed and debridement.

Since the meniscectomy was completed and debridement is inclusive what else is there?:confused:

VIOLYNPLA2

Networker
Best answers
Thanks,

Not exactly was we wanted to hear. Were looking to maybe pull a rabbit out the hat. :eek:

Best answers
Modifier 22?

This is NOT my area of expertise, but ...

It does sound as if more than just the menisectomy was performed ... could you append a 22 modifier and include op report?

Just a thought ...

F Tessa Bartels, CPC

VIOLYNPLA2

Networker
Best answers
Thanks Tessa that's what we have done.

I've had access to this system for a while and have never really used it for this type of "think tank" I LIKE!!!!:p