Wiki OB sonogram

LISAGASHO

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

I am new to OB coding for Sonography. I am coding out a limited study, 76815, and want input on correct diagnosis.

Patient had previous sono in 11/2011, and the doctor ordered a follow up sono on 12/29/11 because the fetus was in breeech position on the 11/2011 Sono.

I found a diagnosis code of 761.7, malpresentation before labor. I am not sure if I should use this, or another code form pregnancy complication area.

Does anybody have any useful tips.

Thanks,

LIsa Gasho/Wichita, KAnsas

Hello,

I am new to OB coding for Sonography. I am coding out a limited study, 76815, and want input on correct diagnosis.

Patient had previous sono in 11/2011, and the doctor ordered a follow up sono on 12/29/11 because the fetus was in breeech position on the 11/2011 Sono.

I found a diagnosis code of 761.7, malpresentation before labor. I am not sure if I should use this, or another code form pregnancy complication area.

Does anybody have any useful tips.

Thanks,

LIsa Gasho/Wichita, KAnsas

You need to be looking at the codes in the OB section 630-679. The 761.7 code is to report a problem with a baby after it is born that originated in the perinatal period. You will need a code from the 652 section, Malposition and malpresentation of fetus.