Wiki Ophthalmology subforum missing

vpcats

Best answers
Just logged in to this forums' area of the site and noticed that there is no Ophthalmology Specialty forum under the Medical Coding section.

Was wondering if there is any particular reason for not having one or if it has been overlooked or thought one is not needed.

I would be interested in having one if anyone else wants to put in their 2 cents, or even a whole nickle! :D

I agree, it would be nice to see.... Ophthalmology listed. It can be a tricky field to code and would be good to be able to go to a specific area for discussion.

Need Ophthalmology

I agree, it would be nice to have a separate Ophthalmology coding site here. This (ophthalmology) is different from general coding with more specific requirements.

Retinopathy of Prematurity

Has anyone coded Retinopathy of Prematurity? I am looking at what codes to bill. I found 92225 - Ophthalmoscopy, extended, with retinal drawing (eg, for retinal detachment, melanoma), with interpretation and report; initial and 92226 - Ophthalmoscopy, extended, with retinal drawing (eg, for retinal detachment, melanoma), with interpretation and report; subsequent. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Has anyone coded Retinopathy of Prematurity? I am looking at what codes to bill. I found 92225 - Ophthalmoscopy, extended, with retinal drawing (eg, for retinal detachment, melanoma), with interpretation and report; initial and 92226 - Ophthalmoscopy, extended, with retinal drawing (eg, for retinal detachment, melanoma), with interpretation and report; subsequent. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What else do you need? You can code any E/M code for the visit but, be careful if coding level 4 or 5 new, or 5 f/u as those require a dilated exam and fundus drawing. The indirect ophthalmoscopy would have to detail more information than what you have to document for the E/M levels.

The 92225/6 is normally in addition to, on a separate piece of paper, with drawing and interpretation. Some states require a specific size drawing and colors. You'll need to check you state's LCD.

You can do EUA's (92018); PRPs, ultrasounds,......

Do you know which diagnoses to use?

Agree

Opthalmology/Optometry subforum would be WONDERFUL!!! Please keep me posted on this subject...:)

Does anyone know if there is a "Administrator" for the site?
How about a moderator for this section?
Not sure how to make direct contact with anyone in charge of particular forums. I just started coming here so not yet familiar with all.

thanks.

I would so appreciate a place to go to talk about ophthalmology. Will all the other specialities - I would think that this one deserves a sub-forum too. Can't wait to see if it happens.:)

Me too,, opthalmology coding is in a ball game all by itself. It's the ONLY specialty service that has their own unique set of E/M codes. :D

Does anyone know if there is a "Administrator" for the site?
How about a moderator for this section?
Not sure how to make direct contact with anyone in charge of particular forums. I just started coming here so not yet familiar with all.

thanks.

OK everyone. We have the Ophthalmology/Optometry subforum up & running so post away! :D