Ovarian Artery Doppler

Jdrietz

New
Best answers
Good morning.... I am looking for a CPT code for Ovarian artery doppler and I am contemplating 93976. Is anyone else using this code for their uterine artery doppler scans? Thank you!!

Hi, I've copied this information from ACR regarding 93975-93976

1607015892971.png

Here's additional info:

Color Doppler performed alone does not support the billing of duplex scan CPT codes; the AMA’s CPT requires both spectral and color Doppler to bill this code set.
Documentation of the results of all duplex scan studies should reflect the assessment of flow with color and recording a spectral waveform.
Industry sources recommend including at least one of the following descriptors for Spectral Doppler in the radiologist’s final report:
• Spectral • Flow velocity • RI • Resistance • Wave • Pulse(d) • Resistive index
For example, documentation that would support billing a Duplex scan CPT code would be, “Duplex scan was performed using B-Mode/gray scale imaging and Doppler spectral analysis and color flow.”
• To bill for a Limited Duplex Scan, the dictation must at least include: Color and Spectral Doppler
• To bill for a Complete Duplex Scan, the dictation must include: Arterial inflow & Venous Outflow and Color & Spectral Doppler