Wiki Pain Management Billing

Best answers
Hello, I don't expect anyone to "teach" me pain management billing but can someone please suggest a place to gather useful and up to date information. I have been doing medical billing for over 40 years and I have a clinic contacting me, wanting to know if I would take them on as a client. I know this is an extensive field and would like some leads to helpful billing information / tips. Thank You.

When I interviewed for my pain management position, I brought with me a binder that I had compiled, that had the LCDs (now Articles) for Trigger Point Injections, Joint Injections, as well as procedures such as Epidurals, Facet Blocks, etc. I also had a section for Pain Pumps and Spinal Cord Stimulators.

During the interview the doctor made a remark that Medicare didn't pay for Trigger Point Injections. I told him that they do, and I opened my binder to that LCD, and told him that if the patient has one of the covered diagnoses, it will be paid. His previous biller wasn't bothering to educate him or the staff on coverage.

By the way, I was hired.

So I recommend printing out all of those, and finding out if they do medication only, interventional only, or a combination of both.

Hello, I don't expect anyone to "teach" me pain management billing but can someone please suggest a place to gather useful and up to date information. I have been doing medical billing for over 40 years and I have a clinic contacting me, wanting to know if I would take them on as a client. I know this is an extensive field and would like some leads to helpful billing information / tips. Thank You.

Attachments

• Boston Scientific SCS_Procedure_Coding_and_Payment_Guide-Hospital_Outpatient.pdf
    338.8 KB · Views: 41
I code this procedure daily. The hand-out comes out every year,but the codes have stayed the same. But it has the CCI edits/ CPT assistant guideslines for certain codes. It should be an easy follow.