Wiki Patient heart is on the right side.

LoveAndLight

Best answers
Hello,
What is the code for "Patient heart is on the right side."
My supervisor says there is no such code, but I would like a second opinion.
It seems like it would be a significant status code, at least.
Thanks!!

you are correct

The condition is called Dextrocardia. The I9 code is 746.87
If the patient has all their organs reversed it's called situs inversus 759.3

thank you

Actually, I've never used that code. LOL I just know how to finesse my coding books into speaking to me. All i had to do was google for inverted organs, find out the name of the condition and then use the index in my I9 book to look it up. Easy peasy. I love solving a good mystery. Isn't that the joy of coding?:D

Actually, I've never used that code. LOL I just know how to finesse my coding books into speaking to me. All i had to do was google for inverted organs, find out the name of the condition and then use the index in my I9 book to look it up. Easy peasy. I love solving a good mystery. Isn't that the joy of coding?:D
As a former provider, I can vouch for the necessity of learning Latin at school..... it makes medical terminology so easy. Latin; Dextro. Right side. Kardia is actually Greek;heart. Greek actually is the root of more medical terms than Latin.
The Latin for left side is sinistro. Back in Ancient Rome they thought lefties were weird and strange....hmmmmm. I think I'll go eat a hedge.