Wiki Payment on 0330T (LipiView) - Optometry

kaylawardle

Best answers
Has anyone ever seen a payment on 0330T (Lipiview)? I have never seen an insurance that pays for these services. As a matter of fact, the company that sells the LipiView/LipiFlow machines market them as selfpay services. By accident I billed a LipiView procedure to a patient's insurance last week and their Anthem BCBS plan paid for it ($41.30).

I was curious if anyone else has seen payments on this service. If so, we may start billing it out with the various insurances that allow for coverage. I thought others might like to hear about this!

Since this has a T code assigned to it, I'd be careful about billing to insurance without knowing what the allowable charge is. I'm not sure what the average charge is for this procedure but I imagine it's much more than the $41 BCBS paid you. When they paid that amount, did they say that was payment in full and the patient didn't owe any more money?

Tom Cheezum, O.D., CPC

The office only charges $59 for this procedure. The EOB stated that the difference was to be written off and that the patient did not owe anything (other than their copay on the E&M).

I looked up a few Blue Cross policies and they say Experimental and Investigational. Policy is next up for review in June, so the payment could possibly be an error.

Okay, thanks.

If any insurance is going to make a payment error, I would expect it to be BCBS, so that wouldn't surprise me. :p

I will just watch out for a over payment request, I suppose.