Wiki Please help code this!

jgreyweatherby

Contributor
Best answers
Patient is seen in the office today for evaluation of the right ankle. He underwent surgery with Dr. xxxx in Denver approximately 5 weeks ago.

Patient has a concern over getting his cast wet. He is scheduled to see Dr. xxx later this week in Denver.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: On examination, the cast is removed today in the office. The incisions are benign appearing. There is no sign of infection or rash. The right ankle is in a neutral position. It overall appears to be doing well at this point.

IMPRESSION: FIVE WEEKS STATUS POST RIGHT ANKLE DEBRIDEMENT WITH ACHILLES TENDON LENGTHENING.

TREATMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS: The patient's right ankle was overwrapped with an Ace wrap and placed back into the Cam boot.

He will follow up as planned with Dr. xxx later this week. He will call or return sooner if there are any problems or concerns.

My question is what cast removal code would be reported to the Worker Comp carrier?

Ok, so if you are saying your Doctor is under a different tax ID# than the one that performed the surgery, then yes...you can charge for this visit. I would charge an E&M with 29700. I would also attach the chartnote to claim.