Wiki Please Help! CPT code for injection of laryngeal cleft

AN2114

Guru
Best answers
I was wondering if any one knows if there is a new CPT code that could be used for a injection of the laryngeal cleft. The most recent info I can find on it is back from 2020/2021. With it being the new year I was hoping maybe there has been a change but I can't find any updates. From my previous research, I read that it has to be unlisted code 31599 and code 31574 is the comparison code. I read that code 31574 is for flexible scope and our doctors typically use a direct laryngoscopy so I can't use that code. I read 31570/31571 are for vocal cords only. I fight with the insurance for the unlisted code but they constantly deny 31599 despite all the info I give between the op notes, visit notes, and a letter regarding the comparison code and why we are using the unlisted. I have even attached a template of the letter I use if anyone would like to take a look and have any suggestions so we can get these procedures paid. Does anyone have any experience and can share recommendations or what code you use?

Attachments

• Laryngeal cleft injection letter.pdf
    636.9 KB · Views: 2